We love using Procreate to design and develop home decor and home furniture products. Procreate is an amazing tool that is many times overlooked by many designers, product developers, and manufacturers.
Procreate is a straightforward design program to learn with a lot of great design functions. Using Procreate can save you time and money for your home decor and home furniture design needs. It will also allow you to set up trend colors in your design palettes so you can easily find them again. You can also make repeat patterns and use the clipping mask function to get a design looking very close to the finished product.
We feel there are so many great ways that Procreate can be used for your home decor and home furniture product designs. Once you know how to use it, the design possibilities are limitless.
Why Use Procreate?
Working with Procreate is quite easy. When you understand how to work the Procreate program, you can easily change a pattern, adjust colors, and put various finish colors on the same design to see what additional patterns and colorways look best on your designs.
To use Procreate, you need to have an Apple Ipad with an Apple Pencil. We suggest the Ipad Pro if you use it a lot as we like the screen on the Ipad Pro. But on most newer Ipads you can use the Procreate App. You can find out more about Procreate by clicking here.
We feel anyone who is designing Home Decor and Home Furniture Products and, in particular, is looking for an easy way to propose designs or finishes on the same shape in a variety of ways should learn to Procreate.
Here are the reasons why we love Procreate so much:
- It is easy to learn Procreate. When I say that Procreate is easy to learn and almost anyone can learn it, I mean it. Like any computer program you are learning, there will be a learning curve to learn it, but it is quite easy once you learn to Procreate.
- It will save you time. If you have many ideas for your own collection, but you are always waiting for a designer to come back with your ideas on paper, knowing Procreate will save you a lot of time in that you can sketch up your own ideas quickly and easily.
- It will save you money. When you can use Procreate, you may not need to have so many full-time designers on your staff. If you are a freelance designer, you can quickly change or adjust designs so that you can show quite a few new designs at one time.
- You can get a feel for the product before sampling the product. With Procreate, you can get an excellent feel for the product before going to the time and expense to sample the product itself. This is important, especially in an industry like Home Decor and Home Furniture, where fashion and trends are constantly changing.
- You can set fashion and color trends. Procreate allows you to set up a color palette and so you can set up fashion and color trends. Each season you can change or adjust your fashion or trend color palette.
Working with Palletes and Colors
Procreate has a very advanced palette and color system. This means that you can set up your color palettes and in a few ways.
Mainly this function allows you to very easily set and create a new trend color palette each season. You can label them for the trends that you may have. This will allow you to have a digital copy of your trend colors each design season.
Here are some ways you can work with Procreate to set up your color palettes
- Set up palettes by a name – We really love how you can set up the palettes by a name. We found this really helps keep the palettes easy to use and organized, so we normally set up the color palettes either by our clients or our trend names.
- Easy to find colors– You can find the exact color each time you need it. As the colors are organized in palettes, it is straightforward for you to work with the various colors you may need.
- Easy to input the colors– Procreate gives you several ways to input the colors into the procreate program. You can input the color through a photo or artwork, find it on the color wheel, or input the RGB, HSB value, or Hexadecimal Value.
- Can set up a default color or trend palette – If there is a color palette that you use a lot and you want to be sure that palette is always front and center, then you can set up that color palette as your default palette.
You can read more about using color palettes in Procreate by reading our blog on Setting Up Your Color Palettes in Procreate, What You Need to Know by clicking here. We will go over all the functions and steps for you to set up a palette in Procreate.
Designing Or Repeating a Pattern
Procreate allows you to make a repeat on a pattern. It is actually very easy to do. The reason why we love this program, especially for home decor and home furniture design, is when you have a pattern that you need to put on a design, you can adjust that pattern so that it will be very close to the actual size of the design.
To make a repeat pattern is quite easy. We have a blog called 6 Easy Steps to Use Procreate to Make A Pattern Repeat that you can read by clicking here. In our blog, you can learn the 6 easy steps that you can do to make your own pattern repeat in Procreate.
You can also view our video on how we use to make a repeat pattern on Procreate. The way we make the repeat pattern allows us to show how our pattern will look on home decor or home furniture products.
Using The Clipping Mask Function
Another great function that many people who use Procreate may not talk about is the Procreate clipping mask function. This is a great function to use for Home Decor and Home Furniture products.
The clipping mask function is similar in Procreate as the clipping mask function used in other powerful design programs like Adobe Photoshop. The clipping mask function is best defined as one layer is placed on the top of another layer, and then the top layer is clipped or cut to fit the size of the bottom layer.
To properly work with the Procreate clipping mask function, you must think about your bottom layer’s size and shape and the top layer, which is your clipping mask layer. The top layer or the clipping mask layer must fit or be clipped or cut into the same size and shape as the bottom layer.
You can read our blog on 4 Easy Steps to Using the Clipping Mask Function in Procreate by clicking here. In this blog, we go through all the major clipping mask function steps and why they are important.
To find out more about the clipping mask function, you can also watch our video on using the clipping mask function with Procreate. We go through and show you why we like the clipping mask function so much for home decor and home furniture design.
Use Procreate for Home Decor and Home Furniture Design
Procreate is so easy to use to design home furniture and other home decor products. We have quite a few videos that will walk you through using the Procreate app to design home decor and home furniture products.
In this video we will show you how to design a home decor box by using Procreate
In this video, we will show you how we design a chest in Procreate. You will see how straightforward it can be to design a piece of furniture like a chest.
To see more great videos on Procreate, you can check out our YouTube Channel by clicking here. We have a playlist called Procreate – Design Made Easy. Under this YouTube playlist, you can find many great videos about how to use Procreate to designs amazing home decor and home furniture products.
Using Procreate to design home decor and home furniture products is a wonderful way to use the Procreate App. But more than that, the Procreate program is a potent design tool for your home decor and home furniture design needs.
What Are the Best Procreate Pens or Pencils to Use for the Clipping Mask Function?
The clipping mask is a function in Procreate that allows you to clip one design on top of a shape you have previously filled in with color. For the function to work properly, you must first fill in the bottom shape you want to clip mask with color, or the function will not work properly.
We have found that not all Procreate pens or pencils will allow us to do this clipping mask function properly. This is why we have tested all the sketch and inking pens to find out which one works best for this clipping mask function.
We have several videos to show you the tests on which pens and pencils we consider to be the best to use for the Procreate clipping mask function. You can view the videos and read our blog. What Procreate Pens or Pencils to Use Procreate’s Clipping Mask Function? by clicking here.
Why You Should Use Procreate for Home Décor Accessories Designing?
Procreate is a powerful Apple app with many Photoshop features, but it is more user-friendly than Adobe Photoshop. This is because Procreate allows you to design a home decor accessory item, and then with a few quick adjustments, you can quickly view the same product in a variety of finishes and colors. Procreate is extremely user-friendly and is a tool that can help any home decor designer, interior designer, importer, and manufacturer.
To read about some more ideas on why we love to use Procreate so much for home decor and home furniture design, you can read our blog Why Use Procreate for Home Décor Accessories Designing? by clicking here.