About Anita Hummel
“One of my favorite things is to see how a product concept can come together to manufacture amazing home decor and home furnishing products .”Anita Louise Hummel, President, Mondoro
Everything we do at Mondoro would not be possible without the incredible Mondoro team and group of Asian Artisans. We work together to help you CREATE, DEVELOP, and MANUFACTURE fantastic home decor and home furnishing products. Click on the links below to learn more about the amazing Mondoro team and some of our highly skilled artisans.
My Work Story – Anita Hummel
Every story starts at the beginning, so my account is no exception. During their lifetime, my Great Grandfather, Grandfather, and Uncle all lived and worked in China. My Grandfather spent 40 years as head of the Orientalia Division of the U.S. Library of Congress. My Uncle was an Assistant Secretary of State to Henry Kissinger; later, he was the U.S. Ambassador to China. My mother was born and raised in Stockholm, Sweden.
Their stories of living and working overseas have influenced my life as I have spent over 30 years living and working in Asia (China, Vietnam. Thailand, and Hong Kong). I have traveled and worked in almost all parts of the region.
I was lucky enough to start my career with a company that was the agent and major investor for Reebok shoes; from them, I received an excellent manufacturing foundation in quality control, shipping, and product development.
Since the very beginning, my career’s focus has been on product development, quality control, and manufacturing.
Since 1997 I have owned and operated Mondoro Company Limited. We have offices in Hong Kong, China, and Vietnam. Our main focus is to create, develop, and manufacture home decor and home furnishing products in China, Vietnam, and other parts of Asia. Wherever possible, we try to work with small enterprises run and operated by women. We strive to work with a social conscience as we believe in doing business while doing good.
Some Fun Facts About Anita
- Graduate of Brigham Young University in International Relations.
- Global board member of the BYU Management Society, Provo, Utah.
- Has an MMLCBLA – Which is a lot of letters for Masters of Law, Chinese Business Law (Open University of Hong Kong)
- Has an MSc or Masters of Strategic Planning from Edinburgh Business School (Scotland)
- A DBA candidate in Strategic Planning.
- Co-author of “Starting and Operating a Business in Thailand.” Published by McGraw- Hill Books – Singapore.
- Guest speaker at various university and MBA programs
- Most days, she rides her Honda Scooter around Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Founded Project Sprouts, a grassroots charity organization that helps impoverished schools and students in North Vietnam.
- Spent one summer during college backpacking around Europe.
- Spent another summer backpacking on her own throughout China.
- She taught English in Taiwan.
- Rode a camel and discovered riding a camel is not as comfortable as it looks in all the movies.
- She lived and studied in Sundsvall. Sweden during her senior year of high school.
- Has studied Chinese, Vietnamese, and Swedish; knows enough in each language to get around and get in trouble.
- She is an artist who loves to paint funky pictures of dogs, cats, and women of culture.
- She loves to sail but is not very good at it; she hopes to become a better sailor one day.
- Spends many Saturday mornings cycling with friends around the countryside outside Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Has cycled Ragbrai, the annual bicycle ride through the USA State of Iowa, and discovered Iowa is not flat.
- She cycled between the BYUs from BYU Provo, Utah, to BYU Idaho and discovered it was a crazy thing to do.
- She took flying lessons in Hong Kong.
- She does a morning master’s fitness swim class but is still not a very fast swimmer; has to use fins to keep up with the other swimmers.
- Loves any good BBC murder mystery.
- She is a foodie who loves delicious and interesting food and eats too much.
- She comes from a family of 6 girls and a house with one bathroom.
- She loves to do virtual fitness challenges and usually works on three virtual fitness challenges simultaneously biking, swimming, and walking.
- Always up for a good adventure and a lot of fun.
Publications, Speaking, News, Etc.
“Starting & Operating a Business in Thailand,” by Anita Louise Hummel and coauthored with Pise Sethsathira, a Law Professor and Legal Advisor to the Thai Government. Published and Printed by McGraw – Hill Book Co – Singapore, 1991.
“Crafting a Life in Asia,” an article written about Anita Hummel for the Bridges Alumni Magazine, Volume 2012, Issue 2, a publication of the David M Kennedy Center for International Relations, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
Anita Louise Hummel, “Vì giáo dục, ai cũng có thề làm việc nghĩa!, an article written about Anita Hummel and her charity work with Project Sprouts. Publication of Giáo Duc Thời Đại, a Vietnamese national newspaper about education, November 30, 2020.
Anita Hummel Speaking Assignments and International Workshops:
- Seoul, Korea – May 2017, BYU Management Society Asia Pacific Annual Conference – Workshop on Entrepreneurship/Women in Business.
- Hong Kong – May 2018, BYU Management Society Asia Pacific Annual Conference – Workshop on Entrepreneurship/Women in Business.
- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia – May 2019, BYU Management Society Asia Pacific Annual Conference – Workshop on Entrepreneurship.
- Provo, Utah – October 2019, BYU Management Society Annual Conference – Workshop on Building International Chapters.
Anita Hummel has also been a featured speaker for Brigham Young University Marriott School, the University of Las Vegas, and SCUT (The Southern China University of Technology).