Even though I am not Buddhist, I have a Buddha statue in my office. I have always loved the Buddha statues that are used as part of home decor. I feel like the Buddha image a lot to any home decor.
Buddha-inspired home decor is when you use the Buddha image as part of your home decoration. You do not need to be Buddhist to have Buddha home decor in your home; in fact, many will use Buddha-inspired home decor to bring enlightenment into their homes.
As the Buddha symbolizes Deity for many people, If you are going to use Buddha-inspired home decor in your home decoration, it is good to understand what Buddha symbolizes and how it should be used in your home decor.
What Is Buddha Inspired Home Decor Designs?
Buddha-inspired home decor design is when you use some form of a Buddha in your home decor. This usually takes place in a couple of forms, such as:
- Buddha Statues – One of the most common ways that the Buddha image is used in home decor is in the form of a statue. Many times this is just a Buddha head or also known as Buddha bust and other times it may the entire Buddha statue. These statues are not just limited to the home interior, many times you can also find Buddha statues in the garden areas.
- Buddha Artwork – Buddha artwork can also be a popular form of having the Buddha image in your home. There are many artists who paint Buddha heads or other Buddha images which are used as part of home decoration.
- Buddha Artifacts or Trinkets – Sometimes Buddha artifacts or trinkets are used. We have seen a Buddha pull chain for a fan or even a Buddha image lamp finial.
Basically, anything in your home decor that uses a Buddha image is considered Buddha-inspired home decor.
What Does Buddha Symbolize?
To really understand Buddha-inspired home decor, you should first understand a little bit about what the Buddha symbol means and why it is an important part of home decoration.
If you have ever been to a predominately Buddhist country like China, Thailand, Cambodia, or Vietnam, you will soon discover there are many forms and designs of Buddhas. In fact, the Buddha can have many different head shapes and hand poses; each one can mean something different or be unique to a specific culture or country.
Some of the more popular Buddha forms are Buddha heads, praying Buddhas, reclining Buddhas, and laughing Buddhas. In fact, there are so many types and kinds of Buddhas; each one can have a different symbol or meaning.
Buddha means the Enlightened One; it also means wisdom and an ideal state of obtaining both intellectual and ethical perfection.
The teachings of Buddha can be summed up as one-word Dharma. Dharma means truth. It also means the law or the law which exists in one’s heart and mind; it is a principle of moral righteousness and ethical living. This is because Buddhism is about a person striving to be noble, pure, and charitable.
Tips To Position Your Buddha In Your Home
Even though you do not need to be Buddhist to have a Buddha in your home, there are things you should remember when you have a Buddha that you will place in your home.
For many, having a Buddha in your home is considered a form of decoration or an art form. But many people see Buddha as a form of Deity.
Having a Buddha in your home is not restricted by your own religious beliefs. A Buddha in your home can bring serenity and positivity to your home decor. But when looking to place a Buddha in your home, you should remember a few things.
Do’s and Don’ts Of Using A Buddha For Home Decor
As the Buddha is a form of Diety for many people; there are a few things you should remember when you were using a Buddha form in any of your home decors:
- Do not place a Buddha statue directly on a floor. If you have a very large statue you should place it on a platform instead of directly on the floor’s surface.
- A Buddha statue should always face the inside of the a room.
- Keep the area around the Buddha neat and tidy. Inother words do not toss out a Buddha statue in your garage with a pile of garbage, Remember for many people around the world it is a symbol of diety.
- Keep your Buddha statue dusted and clean A dusty Buddha is considered disrespectful and is thought that it can brign filth into your own life.
- Do not place a Buddha statue in a bathroom. This is not considered impolite and it is felt the toilet can also flush down any good luck or good will.
- Do not place a Buddha statue in a bedroom, especially in an area where private or initimate matters are happening. It is always better to have a Buddha in a living space.
- Do not hang anything directly above a Buddha statue.
- If you keep your Buddha on a shelf make sure it is on the top shelf and sorrounded by good things.
- A Buddha that faces a front door is thought to protect you from harmful visitors or intruders.
- A Buddha in your home will help give a sense of mindfulness and blessings to all who enter your home.
- If you have a Buddha outside in the garden, have it face east to the rising sun
We really love Buddha Inspired home decor. Not only does it helps to bring enlightenment into your home decor, but we feel it is trend-worthy home decor. By following a few simple rules, adding a Buddha to your home decor can add a lot to your home.
If you are interested in finding out more about how Mondoro can help you create, develop, and manufacture great home decor and home furniture products, including Buddha-inspired home decor, don’t hesitate to contact me, Anita. At my email by clicking here or become a part of our community and join our newsletter by clicking here.
What is Ming Style? 10 Facts About Ming Style Chinese Furniture
Ming-style Chinese furniture is antique furniture designed and manufactured during the China period of the Ming Dynasty. (1368-1644). The Chinese Ming-style antique furniture is known for its clean and simple lines, advanced joinery techniques, and the use of high-quality hardwoods. The MIng style furniture was very well made.
You can read more at What is Ming Style? 10 Facts About Ming Style Chinese Furniture by clicking here.
What is the Brass and Bronze Material Used In Home Decor Products?
Brass and bronze are both copper alloys, but brass is copper and zinc, and the bronze material is copper and tin. They both look similar but have different properties and uses. When brass or bronze is made into home decor products, they will often be sand cast or use a lost wax or other mold technique. Each of these production methods has different uses and prices that can affect the overall production.
You can discover more by reading our blog What is the Brass and Bronze Material Used In Home Decor Products? by clicking here.