The Procreate design app is an Apple Ipad app we love to use. Like other Apple apps, it works very well on an Apple Ipad Pro with the Apple Pencil.
Procreate is worth it for beginners, especially if you already own an Apple Ipad Pro with an Apple Pencil; the app only charges a one-time fee of $9.99. Like any new program, you will need to learn some basic skills to use the Procreate app, but once you have mastered the basics, Procreate is a very robust design and creative app to use.
Table of Contents
- Procreate Worthwhile For Beginners
- Reasons Why Procreate Is Great For Beginners
- Ways You Can Use Your Procreate App
- Related Content
Procreate Worthwhile For Beginners
We love the Procreate App and feel it is worthwhile to learn and master, but here are a few things to remember for the Procreate App:
- Only Works On Apple Ipad – The Procreate App only works on the Apple Ipad Pro (1st to 5th Generation Ipad Pro); for some of the older or other models of the Ipad, it may not work. I use it on an Apple Ipad Pro.
- You Need An Apple Pencil – To use the Procreate App, you need to have an Apple Pencil. It is impossible to do all the functions on the app without an Apple pencil.
- You Pay A Onetime Fee – One of the best things about the Procreate App is that you pay a one-time fee and do not need to pay monthly. The one-time fee is very reasonable. ($9.99).
If you already have an Ipad Pro and Apple Pencil, it is worth getting the Procreate App for your Ipad. Not only can you use it for drawing, but I also use it for many other things to help me with my work.
Reasons Why Procreate Is Great For Beginners
Procreate is an excellent app for beginners. But with any app or program you will learn, you will need to make some effort to master some of the functions of the Procreate app.
Any art, especially digital art, can be challenging. Even artists who are used to drawing with a pen and paper may find trying to change their skills over to the Procreate app is not always easy. This is because working with an Ipad and pencil does not have the same feel as drawing with a pencil and paper.
There will be a learning curve for the Procreate app; learning Procreate will take time and practice.
If you compare learning Procreate to another program like Adobe Photoshop, then Procreate is much easier to learn and master than Adobe Photoshop. Procreate can do a lot that Adobe Photoshop can do.
Here are a few things to remember about the Procreate App and why we feel it is a tremendous beginner-friendly app to learn:
- User-friendly App – Procreate is a user-friendly app, especially once you are familiar with and understand the basics.
- Has Great Features – Procreate has many great features found on many other design programs.
- Has Advanced Power – Procreate has many powerful advanced features that can allow you to do a lot of cutting-edge designs and artwork on the program.
- Time Investment – If you are already an Apple user and have an Apple Ipad and pencil, then your major investment in learning Procreate will be your time.
Ways You Can Use Your Procreate App
One of the things about Procreate is we love how versatile it is. There are a lot of ways that you can use the Procreate app.
Here are some of the ways you can use the Procreate App:
- Sketch – Procreate is designed as a sketching app so you can use it just like a pad and pencil to sketch out or draw out your art or ideas. We use it to sketch out ideas that may need to be sent to someone else to help implement; this saves us a lot of time.
- Paint – Procreate has a lot of different brushes that allow you to create amazing artwork; this is similar to if you were working with a canvas and paints.
- Illustrations – Many artists use Procreate to make illustrations. The Procreate App also can add text to your work.
- Animations – Procreate also has some features to allow you to create animations.
- Product Design – We use Procreate to create conceptual product designs. Many Procreate functions allow us to design products that look real and give us an idea of how the design will look once the product is completed. We first create the design on the Procreate App before moving the structure to CAD or 3D.
- Palette Color Organizer – Procreate has a fantastic way to store and organize pallets and colors, so we use the app to help define and manage our color palettes and trends. It also has features that allow us to take a photograph to find the photograph’s color values.
- Change Photos – We use a lot of photography or jpegs in our work, and often we will use the Procreate app to make changes to the jpeg or photography, especially if we want to add some hand-painting or another layer on top of the image.
The Procreate app is worth it for beginners. Once you have mastered the basics, it is easy for you to build upon the skills you have learned. There is no limit to what you can do with the highly user-friendly Procreate design app.
If you are interested in seeing how Mondoro can help you design fantastic home decor products, we would love to talk to you about how we can help you. At Mondoro, we create, develop and manufacture home decor and furnishing products.
Find out more about how Mondoro can help you create, develop, and manufacture excellent home decor and home furniture products – don’t hesitate to contact me, Anita. Check out my email by clicking here or become a part of our community and join our newsletter by clicking here.
Listen to our Podcast called Mondoro Company Limited. You can find it on all major podcast platforms. Try out to listen to one of our podcasts by clicking here.
Subscribe to our Mondoro Company Limited YouTube Channel filled with great videos and information by clicking here.
Why Use Procreate for Home Décor Accessories Designing?
Procreate is a powerful Apple app with many Photoshop features, but it is more user-friendly than Photoshop. Procreate allows you to design a home decor accessory item, and then with a few quick adjustments, you can quickly view the same product in a variety of finishes and colors. Procreate is very user-friendly and is a tool that can help any home decor designer, interior designer, importer, and manufacturer.
You can discover more by reading Why Use Procreate for Home Décor Accessories Designing? by clicking here.
How To Crop In Procreate? Using The Procreate App
Procreate has a tool called “Crop & Resize,” a straightforward tool you can use to crop your canvas. The Crop & Resize tool also allows you to do other things such as adjust your pixels, DPI/PPI and rotate your image on the canvas.
How To Copy And Paste In Procreate?
Copying in Procreate is known as duplicate. Procreate will duplicate your layers one on top of another. The layers you duplicate will automatically form a layer on top of the copied layers. You do not need to do an additional function to paste in Procreate, as once you duplicate the layer, it will be automatically pasted.