Procreate is a wonderful design tool that can help anyone to be a designer. One feature that every designer should understand is how to change the color palette in Procreate.
The iPad Procreate app makes it very easy to add, delete, or move around colors on your color palettes. We really love the Procreate app because it is so easy to pick and organize trend colors for your designs. This is especially important for a designer who needs to have ready access to all their current trend colors.
Adding Colors in Your Procreate Palettes
There are several ways that you can add colors to your Procreate color palette. Here are the easy ways to do this:
- Import Photo of The Color – You can import a photo of the color into your Procreate canvas. Go to the left side of Procreate, add and then import a photo. On the Ipad screen, press on the color you want. Procreate will show the color on the circle on the screen’s lefthand side, then you can add the color to your color palette.
- Value Tab – You can also use the Value Tab and put in the HSB, RGB, or the Hexadecimal value of the color. To use this feature, you must have these values. But if you have the values of the colors, then you can get an exact color match. I have used this value tab many times and found it quite easy to get an exact color match for my color palette this way.
- Color Wheels – Procreate offers you 3 kinds of color wheels to find the color you want. The color wheels are called: Harmony, Classic, and Disc. Using all of these, you can also find some colors.
We love how the Procreate app gives you so many options to add and organize your color choices onto your Procreate color palettes.
Delete An Entire Procreate Color Palette
If there is a color palette that you no longer need or want to have on your Procreate app, it is quite easy to delete the entire color palette. All you need to do is open the color palette, swipe from right to left, and you will see a button that says share or delete.
Press the delete button, and the entire color palette will now be deleted from your Procreate app. Procreate makes it very easy to be able to delete an entire color palette.
Delete Specific Colors on a Procreate Palette
If you do not want to delete the entire color palette but want to delete one color, this is also very easy to do on the Procreate app. The first thing you need to do is to open the color palette you want to change.
Use your finger or pen to hold down on the color that you want to delete. When you press on the color you will notice a “delete swatch” or “set current color” notice.
- Delete Swatch – If you want to delete the swatch or color, press this, and the color will be deleted off the color palette. Delete swatch will send the color into the trash and will no longer be on your color palette.
- Set Current Color – If you want to use the color as your “current color” to work with, you can press set the current color. You will now see the color on the circle on the top right-hand side of the canvas. If the color you are pressing is already the current color, then this notice will not come up, and you will only see the “delete swatch option.
Move Colors Around the Color Pallete
Sometimes you may need to move the colors around the color palette or from one color palette to another; this is also very easy to do on the Procreate app. I use this feature a lot when I am setting the colors for my trend color palette.
Press on the color that you want to move and then move the color to the position you want it. You can move and change the colors all around the color palettes.
Using the Pencil Vs Your Finger
The easiest way to move colors around, delete colors or delete a Procreate color palette is to use your finger and not the pencil. Technically it also works to use a pencil, but I find it easier to use my finger. Maybe this is because I can control a bit better the pressure used with my finger versus the pencil with my finger.
Trend Colors 2021
At Mondoro, we have set up the color palettes and home decor trends for 2021. You can check out our 2021 color palettes and home decor trends below:
- The Peaceful Sanctuary Home Decor Color Palette and Trends 2021 you can see more by clicking here.
- The Sanguine Outlook Home Decor Color Palette and Trends 2021 you can discover more by clicking here.
- The Zen Pleasures Home Decor Color Palette and Trends 2021 you can learn more by clicking here.
- The Serenity Sphere Home Decor Color Palette and Trends 2021 you can read more by clicking here.
We love the Procreate color palettes feature and how easy it is to add, delete, and change around the color palettes. We also love how easy it is for us to set our own trend color palettes.
If you would like to discover how Mondoro can help you create, develop, and manufacture home decor and home furnishing products in Asia, please feel to contact us; we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact Anita by clicking here.
How Do I Remove A Background in Procreate?
In Procreate, the easiest way to cut out the background is to use the erase tool to erase off and cut out the background you do not want. This Procreate eraser tool will work the same as if you had a regular eraser to erase something you do not want on a paper. To erase the background, you should first crop the image as close as possible, so you have less background to erase. Then you can start to erase the background you do not want by using the eraser mode on Procreate.
How To Design A Home Decor Accessories Tray in Procreate?
Designing a home decor accessories tray in Procreate is easy if you follow our 4 simple steps and instructions as 1) find a tray shape to use as a reference photo, 2) import the photo into Procreate., 3) add layers in Procreate for each part of the tray, and 4) use the clipping mask function.
You can learn more by reading our blog 4 Easy Steps to Using the Clipping Mask Function in Procreate by clicking here.