Metal is a material that is used a lot in home decor and home furniture product design and development. For centuries metal has been used in home decoration.
This is because the metal material is versatile, has appeal, durable, hygienic, and green material. We have picked out for you some of our top 6 choices of some simple yet elegant products that use metal structures and are combined with glass or white marble.
Why Use Metal?
There are many reason why we love to use metal for home decor and home furniture products. Here are some of our top reasons:
- Metal is versatile – Metal is a great versatile product. In fact, there are many decor shapes that can only really be done with metal.
- Aesthetic appeal – Metal has an aesthetic appeal. The metal used in the right place in home decor can brighten up and liven up the decoration.
- Durability – Metal lasts a long time. It is able to withstand a lot of normal wear and tear. It can last a lifetime or longer.
- Hygienic and safe – in a world where people are looking for hygiene and safety, metal is considered hygienic and safe. This is why so many hospitals use metal.
- Metal is green – Metal is a material that can always be recycled in that it can be melted down.
William Morris – Home Decor Advice
When looking at metal objects to have in your collection or home we love this quote by the famous British Textile designer William Morris (1834-1896). His words are just as relevant today as they were so many years ago:
When we look at the design advice from William Morris so many years ago, we can all understand why metal has long been a metal that has been used for centuries to design home decor and home furniture products.
Using Metal in Home Decor Accessories Development
There are countless ways that metal can be used for home decor product development. Here are some of the ways we love:
- Metal in interesting shapes – We love to see metal be used in interesting shapes that cannot be used for any other kind of material.
- Metal with other materials – Metal works well with a lot of other materials such as glass and marble.
- Metal as a decorative element – Metal can be used as a purely decorative element.
- Metal as a handle – One-way metal has been used for centuries is as some kind of handle.
- Decorative element – Metal can be stamped or made into a decorative element.
Our Top 6 Picks of Metal Home Decor Accessories
Here are some of our top 6 picks of some designs we love that are using metal and other materials.
Metal Tray with Glass
This a metal tray with some glass. It can be made in a variety of shapes and sizes. But the metal pieces that come out of the side of the tray are a perfect example of how metal can only really be used with this kind of design. Other materials would be fragile and would break easily.
This is a very simple but very nice metal candleholder. We can make it smaller or add a lot more layers or candles to it. This kind of base or a similar base could be used to develop a chandelier.
Tray with White Marble
This small tray show how metal and marble can work together. As the marble is heavy the metal is the best marble to be able to hold the marble. We can do a variety of shapes, designs and sizes using white marble and metal.
We love how this metal candleholder looks like a birdcage. the design is simple but again is a great example of how really only metal can be used to make this kind of design. This candleholder can be placed on the center of the table or hung up.
Metal Tray with Glass
This is another example of a simple metal tray that has some glass. This kind of shape can also be used for a mirror or even a small accent table. Also, metal could be used to make some small bar carts that have glass on top of them as this small tray.
Metal Tray with Glass
This is another great example of how metal and glass can be used together. Metal works very well for simple designs like this as it is thin and durable.
Metal can make some amazing home decor and home furniture products when it is used correctly. In fact, there are many shapes, sizes and looks where metal is really the only viable material to use.
What is Gold Leafing Used in Home Decor Products?
The Gold leafing material is hammered gold. Some gold leaf manufactured today is actually hammered copper or gold mixed with other metals and alloys. The gold leaf is manufactured through the process of gold beating. The process of gold beating is to beat or press the gold into extremely thin sheets of paper. This gold beating technique was discovered over 5,000 years ago. Today there are many wonderful uses for the gold leaf finish for home decor and home furniture product development.
What is the Brass and Bronze Material Used In Home Decor Products?
Brass and bronze are both copper alloys, but brass is copper with zinc and the bronze material is copper with tin. The material can look similar but have different properties and uses. When brass or bronze is made into home decor products many times they will be sand cast or use a lost wax or even have what is called an investment mold technique. Each of these production methods has different uses and prices for the mold that can affect the overall production costs.
To find out more about brass and bronze materials you can read our blog on What is the Brass and Bronze Material Used In Home Decor Products? by clicking here.