We love home decor and home furniture and anything to do with decoration. Because of this love, we find a lot of inspiration in home decor, furniture, decoration, and interior design quotes.
We have curated 50 of our favorite quotes about home decor, furniture, decoration, and interior design. We use these quotes to help inspire us at Mondoro with our work in the home decor and home furnishing field.
50 Of Our Top Curated Quotes About Home Decor, Furniture, Decoration, And Interior Design.
1. “Serious is a word that must be entirely avoided when it comes to decoration.” – Kathryn M. Ireland
2. “Your home should tell the story of who you are, and be a collection of what you love.” – Nate Berkus
3. “A room should never allow the eye to settle in one place. It should smile at you and create fantasy.” – Juan Montoya
4. “One of the reasons I became a designer in the first place was because I love collecting and then putting it all together. But when you are designing your own house, one of the hardest things to do is finish it. Because you are always finding and adding your next favorite thing.” – Suzanne Kasler
5. “I work on adrenaline. I find it exciting to work fast. I lose inspiration and interest if it takes too long. I cannot imagine ever being one of those decorators who take years and years to finish a house.” – Muriel Brandolini
6. “Be patient and positive. These things take time and do not happen overnight. ” – @noushkadesign
7. “Architecture should speak of its time and place, but yearn for timelessness.” – Frank Gehry
8. “Underneath all I design lies the solid belief that beauty is a positive force.” – Barbara Barry
9. “Architecture starts when you carefully put two bricks together. There is begins.” – Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
10. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” – Steve Jobs
11. “Good buildings come from good people and all problems are solved by good design.” – Stephen Gardiner
12. “Chandeliers are the marvels of drop-dead showiness, the jewelry of architecture.” – Peter York
13. “Design for the present, with an awareness of the past, for a future which is essentially unknown.” – Norman Foster
14. “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” – Robert Frost
15. “The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.” – Maya Angelou
16. “Innovation is often the ability to reach into the past and bring back what is good, what is beautiful, what is useful, what is lasting.” – Sister Parish
17. “Minimalism is designing to allow the art, the books, the view, the people—whatever matters most to the inhabitant—to be the soul of the space.” – Deborah Berke
18. “Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr
19. “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.” – William Morris
20. “My home is in Heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.” – Billy Graham Read
21. “If bad decorating was a hanging offense, there’d be bodies hanging from every tree!” – Sylvestor Stallone
22. “Cooking, decorating, diet, self-help and gardening books are guilty pleasures and useful time fillers.” – Hillary Clinton
23. “You can never judge a paint hue by the liquid color in the paint pot. You must apply it to a wall, wait for the paint to dry, then decide.” – Dorothy Draper
24. “There was no sugar! That was better for our health; no need to taste such a boring thing. Sugar is one of these decorative ingredients; those ingredients that deceive you by changing the bitterness of reality into some dazzling bites of sweetness.” – Noha Alaa El-Din
25. “She well knew the great architectural secret of decorating her constructions, and never condescended to construct a decoration.” – Anthony Trollope
26. “Less is more. The texture is essential, as well as scale.” – Trip H, Interior Designer
27. “Don’t be afraid to experiment – not everything has to match. A house that is 100% perfect is rarely full of charm.” – Rebecca de Ravenel, New York Interior Designer
28. “Kitchens should be designed around what’s really important: fun, food and life.” – David B, Chef
29. “Serious is a word that should be entirely avoided when it comes to decorations.” – Kathryn Ireland
30. “The best rooms have something to say about the people who live in them.” – David Hicks, Interior Designer
31. “Be faithful to your own taste because nothing you really like is ever out of style.” – Billy Baldwin
32. Interior design is a business of trust. – Venus Williams
33. “Our interiors are an insight into our brains. It is a collaboration of design, art, humor, irony, functionality, and the street.” – Amanda Talbot
34. “Your Home should tell the story of who you are and be a collection of what you love.” – Nate Berkus, The Things That Matter
35. “It’s time to shop high heels if your fiance kisses you on the forehead.” – Amit Kalandri
36. “We shape our homes, and then our homes shape us.” – Winston Churchill
37. “Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is.” – Charles M. Schulz
38. “Good design doesn’t date.” – Harry Seidler
39. “Architecture is inhabited sculpture.” – Constantin Brancusi
40. “A room is not a room without natural light.” – Louis Kahn
41. “We shape our homes and then our homes shape us.” – Winston Churchill
42. “The best rooms have something to say about the people who live in them.” – David Hicks
43. “I am going to make everything around me beautiful—that will be my life.” – Elsie De Wolfe
44. “Architecture should speak of its time and place, but yearn for timelessness.” – Frank Gehry
45. “Underneath all I design lies the solid belief that beauty is a positive force.” – Barbara Barry
46. “Architecture starts when you carefully put two bricks together. There is begins.” – Ludwig Mies van der Rohea
47. “Good buildings come from good people and all problems are solved by good design.” – Stephen Gardiner
48. “Chandeliers are the marvels of drop-dead showiness, the jewelry of architecture.” – Peter York
49. “Be faithful to your own taste, because nothing you really like is ever out of style.” – Billy Baldwin
50. “To create an interior, the designer must develop an overall concept and stick to it.” – Albert Hadley
If you are interested in seeing how Mondoro can help you with your recycled wood, reclaimed wood, and other home decor products – we would love to talk to you about how we can help you.
Find out more about how Mondoro can help you create, develop, and manufacture excellent home decor and home furniture products – don’t hesitate to contact me, Anita. Check out my email by clicking here or become a part of our community and join our newsletter by clicking here.
Subscribe to our Mondoro Company Limited YouTube Channel filled with great videos and information by clicking here.
50 + Inspirational Quotes About Home Decor And Design
We love home decor quotes that are inspiring. Quotes inspire us and help us convey a message while triggering a wide range of our emotions.
You can discover more by reading 50 + Inspirational Quotes About Home Decor And Design by clicking here.
51 Inspiring Home Decor, Design and Words of Wisdom, Our Curated Quotes
Today we have for you some of our great pearls of wisdom in the form of some inspiring quotes for home decor, design, and just some bit of everyday living and wisdom.
You can discover more by reading 51 Inspiring Home Decor, Design and Words of Wisdom, Our Curated Quotes by clicking here.
25 Curated and Inspirational Social Conscience Quotes
Today many businesses and brands are being asked by their customers and employees to show that they can do business while at the same time doing good. Or, as Henry Ford eloquently reminded us all that “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” In keeping in mind what Henry Ford has reminded us all, we have curated for you our top 25 inspirational quotes to show why we should all strive for a social conscience.
To find out more about the 25 Curated and Inspirational Social Conscience Quotes by clicking here.