There is a new kind of paint that many people are talking about called Nano paint. Nano paint is a very tough surface coat that can give a lot of durability to your surface.
Nano paint is a liquid paint that is sprayed onto a surface. It is then heated to ensure the Nano paint topcoat is hardened. Because of its properties and nature of the application, the Nano surface is extremely thin yet very tough and durable. This makes it an excellent paint choice for all kinds of home decor and home furnishing product development.
What is the Nano Paint Coating?
The Nano paint coating is a liquid paint that can be sprayed on any surface. It is then heated so that it will harden and dry. Nano paints can be put on almost any surface and they offer an extremely harden paint topcoat.
A more technical term for a Nano paint is:
Nano paint may look similar to a PVD coating, but Nano paint is not the same as a paint PVD coating. PVD coatings can also be put on a variety of materials, but Nano paint allows you to put the paint on more surfaces than a PVD coating. A PVD coating is usually put on top of stainless steel.
To find out more about the PVD coatings, you can read our blog on What is the PVD Stainless Steel Coating Used On Home Decor Products? by clicking here.
How does Nano Paint Work?
Nano paint is a very tough surface paint because the particles will form a coating and then they will bond with the surface after the nano paint has been applied.
When Nano paint is applied it takes the properties of other paints and then the Nano will form a very thin, yet invisible surface application. This top surface cannot be seen with the naked eye but you can only see the top coating under very high magnification. This is one of the remarkable things about the Nano paint, the Nano coating is very thin and yet extremely durable.
Here is a diagram to show how Nano paint works and is applied to a surface:
Here some properties of Nano paint:
- Nano Paint develops a very strong chemical connection to the surface, which gives you a very tough surface area.
- If the surface is porous such as a brick, the nano paint will fill up the pores on the surface so that the top surface will be smooth and not porous. This helps to also give added benefit in that it will help to ensure that a surface that was once rough is now smooth.
- Dirt or liquids will not stay on the surface but will roll off a surface that has Nano paint on it.
- Things as fungus, lichen, algae, and moss can no longer adhere to a surface that has nano paint applied. This helps give it some added benefits when the application is put on it.
How Long Does the Nano Paint Coating Last?
How long the Nano paint coating will last depends on where and how it is being used. For example, some people use Nano paint to put on their cars and other surfaces. This means the paints are always exposed to the natural outdoor elements so most paint suppliers say the Nano paint coating will last 2 to 3 years.
This of course makes sense as Nano paint coatings that are exposed to the natural outdoor elements, as most paints will only last for a certain period of time. But if the paint is being used indoors on something as a handle or hinge it should last much longer.
Nano paint is a very tough top coat surface that should last a long time, especiaslly if used for home decor product development.
What are some of uses of the Nano Paint in the Home Decor and Home Furnishing Industry?
As Nano paint can be used on so many surfaces, in fact more surfaces than with the PVD Stainless Steel finish, this ensures that Nano paint can be used on a variety of items for the home decor and home furnishing industry.
We have outlined for you some of the basic uses for Nano paint that we see in the home decor and home furniture industry:
- Table and Furniture Bases – As Nano paint can be applied to metal, wood, or a host of other materials, it is very easy to use this kind of paint coating on all kinds of tables and furniture bases. This is a very good coating to use as it is extremely durable. This would include using it on even chair bases or chair legs.
- MIrror Frames and Wall Art – The Nano paint finish could be made into a mirror frame or a wall art piece. As it can be painted on MDF, Wood, ceramic, resin, or metal you would not be limited what kinds of shapes you can do.
- Lamps and Lighting – Nano paint can be used on lamps and lighting and also lamp and lighting parts.
- Home Decor Accessory Items – As the nano paint is so versatile it can also be used on a variety of home decor accessory items
- Hardware and parts –Nano paint would also do well on things like hardware parts for all kinds of home decor and home furniture items.
We really like this Nano paints. Not only is it versatile so it has a lot of uses for the home decor and home furniture industry, but we also feel like it is a great paint to use for all kinds of home decor and home furnishing product development.
How Does The Firing Temperature Affect Ceramics Production?
If a piece of ceramic or porcelain is not fired at the correct temperature it will make a huge difference in the outcome of the final product. It is also important that the correct kiln is used for the ceramic production process. This is because there are many things that must be considered when using a kiln to fire ceramics or porcelain. During the firing process, there are many things that can cause the ceramic or porcelain production to fail or crack.
To find out more you can read our blog on How Does The Firing Temperature Affect Ceramics Production? by clicking here.
What is Outdoor Lightweight Concrete?
The outdoor lightweight concrete is a concrete that is mixed by using cement and coconut fiber dust. The coconut coir dust is a natural material that is made from coconut shells. As the coconut shells are usually an agricultural waste, this product is considered an upcycled material. The lightweight concrete has strength, toughness, and is relatively crack free so it can be used in a variety of home decor and home furnishing products.
To discover more about lightweight concrete you can read our blog Outdoor Lightweight Concrete Furniture, All You Need To Know by clicking here,